Sunday, May 6, 2012

i know it because...

... he lets me put my freezing cold feet on him at night to try and warm them up.

... he gives me kisses in the morning to help wake me up in the best mood possible.

... he sympathizes with me when i complain about how heavy the grocery bags are, even though we both know he is carrying all of the really heavy ones.

... he breaks up the feta cheese for our salads so that i don't have to get my fingers all goopy.

... he adjusts the car seat back to the height i keep it at when he is done driving the car.

... he eats everything and anything that i cook, and tells me how good it is. there is one exception to that though, but that was more of an experiment on my part to see if there was something in this world that he won't eat.

... he packs me a lunch every morning with more food then i can eat. unlike the nothing i pack for myself, and then it never occurs to me to eat until i'm all shaky.

... he is patient with me on sunday mornings when i spend at least 20 minutes standing in the closet trying to figure out what to wear. especially when i ask for his help, but end up shutting down all of his options.

... then when i am finally dressed and ready to go, he tells me how beautiful i am.


while dennis has been away i have been keeping a mental list of all the things that he does for me that show just how much he loves me, and that i wouldn't have otherwise taken much notice to without him here.

being away from each other is always hard, but there is something sweet about coming back together that makes it all worth it.

and in the end, i wouldn't have had it any other way.

***

one week down, another one to go.

1 comment:

  1. oh, lots of love!! Great husbands are the best :) And I'm glad there's a limit to what he will eat.

    ReplyDelete