Monday, June 11, 2012

the thing about bangs is...

i have this love hate relationship with bangs

i luv 'em, i really really do, they look good, some days even great! they help hide my widows peak that i am weirdly very self conscious of, and tame the multiple cowlicks i have along my hair line. it is also quite amazing how a nicely styled bang can turn any normal hair style into something super cute, likadee split.

but you know what? they make me want to blow my brains out every. single. morning.

or beat my own head with my hair brush.

yes, that has happened before.

it's the time that i have to invest to get them looking decent enough to go out into the world. and with this thick hair of mine, it really does take a good chunk of time to look like i didn't just stick my finger in the electric outlet before stepping out the door, and heaven knows what happens if i leave those suckers to their own devices, i may as well be welcomed into friz/flyaway/justplainwrong city. so just letting them be is completely out of the question.

i am currently in the process of growing these bangs of mine out, and what a long and painful process that is.

i can't tell you how many times i have looked at myself in the mirror and thought "all i need is a good pair of scissors and that would be it" (that could soooo be taken out of context hey?), and the thing is i knew this would happen.

that is why i had an action plan in place. i told dennis that no matter how much i begged and argued, that he was to restrain me from cutting my bangs by any means possible.

and this is probably the one and only time that i will ever say in the history of my entire life, but...

i hate that he listens to me.

which, now that i think about it, i also have a love hate relationship with...




1 comment:

  1. I have the same self consciousness about my little widow peek. It's unfortunate but probably not as bad as we think :)

    ReplyDelete